- Acer Laptop Manual
- Partial info from some other websites ( search from Google.com )
My Laptop: Acer Aspire 4715z
This guide is intended for Lithium-Ion's battery which is commonly use in most modern laptops. But any equipments or devices that use Lithium-Ion's battery also applicable to this guide.
Like what we all already knows, the laptop's battery will degrade over time, and the performance will diminish with time and usage. So these steps are just some guides that I have to maximize and pro-long the life span of battery.
Conditioning The Battery Pack1
- New battery
- Battery which hasn't been used for a long time
Before a battery pack is use for the first time, there is a "conditioning" process that should be follow (from Acer manual):
- Insert the new battery without turning the computer on.
- Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery.
- Disconnect the AC adapter.
- Turn on the computer and operate using battery power.
- Fully deplete the battery until the battery-low warning appears.
- Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
- Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged 3 times.
If the computer is to be stored for more than two weeks, you are advised to remove the battery pack from the unit.
Warning: Do not expose battery packs to temperatures below 0°C (32°F) or above 45°C (113°F). Extreme temperatures may adversely affect the battery pack.
By following the battery conditioning process you condition your battery to accept the maximum possible charge. Failure to follow this procedure will prevent you from obtaining the maximum battery charge, and will also shorten the effective lifespan of the battery.
In addition, the useful lifespan of the battery is adversely affected by the following usage patterns:
- Using the computer on constant AC power with the battery inserted. If you want to use constant AC power, you are advised to remove the battery pack after it is fully charged.
- Not discharging and recharging the battery to its extremes, as described above.
- Frequent use; the more you use the battery, the faster it will reach the end of its effective life. A standard computer battery has a life span of about 300 charges.
WILL CONTINUE EDITTING
TO BE HERE
-TIPS TO PROLONG BATTERY LIFE
-WHAT DOS AND DONTS IN BATTERY CHARGING AND USAGE(DISCHARGING)
TOO TIRED NOW, NEED SOME REST. :)