Squid? What is that?
Simple steps to get running…
Just shock when I first heard that Squid can run natively in Windows. Before this, just benefits Squid which was running in my RedHat Linux Server. Well thanks to Guido Serassio of Acme Consulting S.r.l. who make it happens and maintained the binaries of Squid for Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/2003.
1. Well, firstly get the binaries here
Can download the package which I'm currently use here
2. Extract it to C:\. And all the contents will be in C:\squid
3. Navigate to C:\Squid\etc, and remove the default extension or rename all files
cachemgr.conf.default, mine.conf.default, squid.conf.default
cachemgr.conf, mine.conf, squid.conf
4. Edit squid.conf.
5. Run Command Prompt by Start Menu>Run>cmd.
6. To initialize the swap or cache directory, in Command Prompt window, type
7. To install squid as a service, in Command Prompt
8. Configure your browser to use your squid.
9. That's it. To remove/uninstall squid, in Command Prompt
C:\squid\sbin\squid.exe -r -n squid
And remove folder c:\squid. :)